Thursday, January 5, 2017

Dwarves, Cities and Castles

So a few things are in the works.  First up I'm returning to my Chaos Dwarf (Now Abyssal Dwarves) both for playing in a campaign and hopefully going to the Lady of the Lake GT in Minnesota!

So first up I want three Rocket Launchers which I made from the GW Empire artillary sprues:


Painting up hordes of the little buggers is all well and good and even possible in the 6+ months I have but unfortunately I can't spend all that time on just evil dwarves (yep life isn't fair at all).  So a few unit fillers will need to be made in order to chop down the painting time a bit.  They also make the units look a bit less 'samey' as they break up the rank and file look a bit.


And as for those other projects well there is a TON of work to be done before I can convert and play a mighty empires campaign combined with Kings of War. In order to do that I need to paint up the tiniest scale I have ever done.  Just to prove here's a dwarf dwarfing a bunch of cities:



And what good are cities and forts without siege battles?  I'm also working on not only building siege equipment and castle terrain but creating rules that will work both with the campaign and KoW.  The first playtest worked surprisingly well but needs a few tweaks.  The fancy pants brigade did sadly lose to the elves but only just!  


There is a ton of work to be done yet before we can begin playing but this should be a truly epic campaign!

No comments:

Post a Comment