Thursday, September 21, 2017

New Army Eats Brains

When I was a wee young lad getting into Warhammer I settled on the undead army as my first army book (yes back when they were a unified book).  That army was long since sold away to someone on Ebay whom I'm sure stripped it and started over (not that I blame them).  Finally though I have a new army with a super fun swamp theme though!


The most time consuming portion of the army was getting more water effects in for the swamp bases because all the ones in the local store were dried up!  I guess I'm the only crazy person doing water effects around here...


The wights mantic came up with are really an amazing model set.  Wasn't sure how they would pull off a large infantry wight but they really hit it out of the park.


I decided to differentiate the revenants from the regular skeleton rank and file I would just make them Scooby Doo style ghosts.  You can really paint up a good 2000 points of these guys in no time since it's a simple set of dry brushing and you're done!


The skeleton archers are a lot better looking than most out there.  Really the only complaint I have about Mantic's skeletons is that they have so much more detail than the old GW ones I was used to back in the way way before time and thus require more time.  Those old skeletons were literally just a wash and a drybrush then pick out the weapons!


The zombies painted up mostly in a single night so it won't be too hard to up them to a legion or even just another horde.


Finally we come to the only two non Mantic models a reaper lich and an old armored skeleton from GW as a revenant King.

2 comments:

  1. That's a great looking army you created. Yeah those GW skeletons had us just painting miles and miles of bone colours. Good times. cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why back in our day we had to paint glowing eyes just get a 3 color minimum!

    ReplyDelete