Sunday, January 7, 2018

Dusting Off An Old Empire

For some reason or another I had a few days off in a row (a true rarity) and decided to see if I could paint up an army in one go.  I've been looking at doing a purple and teal army for a while now and decided that the Empire of Dust would be a good opportunity for it.  I already had a now super rare Tomb Kings army as payment from a commission long long ago so gathering the models was easy.  With the Clash of Kings 2018 rules giving a buff to chariots I just couldn't resist any longer and after a quick build on easy army the priming begun...


Cursed High Priest and Revenent Champion.  The Champion was a charioteer left over from replacing a driver with the next model:


The Cursed Pharaoh on chariot gave me a good reason to put the old Tomb Kings special character in a place of prominence within the army.  Plus I needed something to lead the masses of....


Chariots. Just so many chariots.


And if I ever want to run them as Egyptians from KoW Historicals I have a legion.  Not a good idea with how GIGANTIC the footprint is but options are nice...


The Skeleton Cavalry definitely won't cause damage at 5+ to hit but they are nice cheap chaff units for sure.


Scavengers were far too good to resist and I didn't want to just do more cavalry to fill in the 1k points. Of coarse I had to try and keep the purple and teal theme going (even if its a very dark purple!


So after 5 days I had an army painted up and ready to go!  They did of coarse lose their first outing but hey I lose a lot with armies I even know so a new one is a learning curve all it's own.  The models for the most part are a real easy paint up generally starting with a white primer with a brown wash and drybrushing the lighter colors.  Generally after that thin layers of color go on easy.  The bases had the peaks of the sand built up with super glue and smoothed over as layers of sand were glued on with mod podge.

Overall I'm happy with the army especially with how fast it came into being.  It was also nice to paint something easy as the brotherhood are proving to be as challenging as I thought they would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment